Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Increasing Use of Information Technology


“The increasing use of information technology advances, particularly the internet present new educational paradigms and models that challenge conventional assumptions and indicators of quality assurance.”  (Rajasingham, pg. 58)  As an educator and a student I must be able to collaborate by using technology.   I have strengths and areas of growth in this area.  On a scale from one to five I would rate myself at a level 3.

Primary Strength
    I have a strong grasp of technology systems and easily navigate programs and processes.  I do not have any difficulty understanding and using tools that can assist me in my goal to collaborate digitally.  I can explain and assist my peers with using the tools necessary to work together through technology.

Primary Area of Growth
    I need to make sure that I clearly communicate my tone as well as my meaning and information.  Digital communication can make it difficult to share the emotion behind emails and posts.  Peers can get the impression that you are upset or have a negative opinion because of the inability to hear tone of voice and see facial expressions.  I need to avoid any type of sarcasm and make sure that I focus on the subject.
     It is important that I continue to evaluate my areas of growth and identify opportunities to improve my ability to collaborate in a digital forum.  “While the technology is changing and will continue to change, what will not change is the interactive communication process of higher education, where we will continue to design, explain, demonstrate, question and set problems in higher education, and to do this in a way that ensures quality, equity and sustainability.” (Rajasingham, pg. 64)
References:
Rajasingham, L. (2009). Breaking Boundaries: Quality E-Learning for Global Knowledge Society. International Journal Of Emerging Technologies In Learning, 4(1), 58-65. doi:10.3991/ijet.v4i1.664

No comments:

Post a Comment